Bay Area IT Consulting: Finding The Right Company
The Right IT Consultant Will Have These 7 Non-Negotiable Qualities
When a business makes the decision to seek out an IT consultant for guidance and support, the hiring process can be intimidating. How are business leaders supposed to know which IT consultant is the right one for their organization? How can they be sure that they will see a concrete return on their investment? We’ve put together a fool-proof guide that will make your search for the perfect IT consultant a walk in the park.
On the Hunt for A Reliable IT Consultant in the Bay Area?
Tips and tricks for finding a strategic Bay Area IT consultant that stands out
In today’s tech-centered business environment, the reasons for hiring an IT consultant are endless. Maybe your organization is dealing with a glitchy network and you’re hoping a set of professional eyes will help identify and eliminate problems. Maybe you’re trying to get more strategic with your company’s IT resources. Maybe you’re looking to invest in new IT solutions but have no idea where to start.
No matter what the specific reason is, an IT consultant can truly arrive on scene like a superhero to save the day. However, even when business leaders have committed themselves to hiring a professional, the hiring process itself can leave you and your team wanting to bury your head in the sand. Fear not. If you’re on the hunt for the right IT consultant in the Bay Area, read on for everything you need to know about hiring the perfect fit.
Reliable IT Consulting in the Bay Area: How to Choose the Right IT Consultant
Let’s be real: searching for and hiring the ideal IT consultant can be an uphill battle. However, you can make the mission much easier by simply going in with a plan and informed perspective. When it comes to hiring an IT consultant, you just need to make sure you know exactly what to look for and what to avoid. Let’s break it down a little.
Here’s some initial tricks and tips to help make sure you hire the right IT consultant:
- Match the job description with potential candidates – Make sure you have a clear idea of what needs to get done. Once you have a clear idea of what you’re looking for, start matching your job descriptions with the services offered by various IT consultants in the Bay Area.
- Vet all candidates thoroughly – Do your research! Once you’ve narrowed down a list of the top candidates, be sure to vet each one thoroughly. You should have a clear idea of their professional certifications, their service experience, and their reputation among clients.
- Ask about a candidate’s strengths and weaknesses – Don’t be oversold by an IT consulting firm that only talks about how great they are. Have open and honest conversations with potential providers so you get an idea of their areas of expertise and the areas where they don’t have specialized knowledge.
- Make expectations clear – Be upfront with each provider you consider. Explain to them exactly what you’re looking for. Set basic expectations and have providers explain how they’ll rise to the occasion to meet and exceed those expectations.
- Don’t be afraid to ask for references – Get a second opinion from people who have worked directly with each provider. A reliable IT consultant will be ready and willing to put their money where their mouth is by connecting you with current or past clients that will vouch for them.
- Go with your gut – Above all, trust your instincts. You’ll know when you’ve found a reliable provider and you’ll know when you’re getting enough red flags to pass.
7 Things to Look for When Hiring a Bay Area IT Consultant
Now that we’ve covered some basic guidelines for your search, it’s time to get down to specifics. Before you commit to partnering with an IT consultant in the Bay Area, you want to make sure you know exactly what they should be offering you in terms of technical expertise, responsive support, and overall customer service experience.
Here are the pillars of service that your IT consultant should offer:
- Experience + Expertise – The IT consultant you choose to work with should have experience in the books and should be able to demonstrate their technical expertise clearly, and in terms you can understand.
- Risk Sharing + Risk Management – No matter the type of IT projects you’re looking to take on, the IT consultant you partner with should be ready to have your back no matter what. This means doing everything in their power to manage risk and better yet to share the risks involved with IT deployments.
- A Results-Driven Focus – Be sure to choose an IT consultant that is less focused on over-the-top promises or ‘big-hype’ solutions. The IT consultant you invest in should only sell you on one thing: the concrete results that they can deliver in order to better your organization for the long-haul.
- Fair Pricing Model – An IT consultant is an investment, but it shouldn’t be a huge hit to your bottom line. Choose an IT consultant that explains their pricing models to you clearly and helps you recognize the value that they provide for the cost that you’ll be charged.
- Constructive Support + Knowledge Sharing – A truly great IT consultant is one that is committed to supporting you and your team responsively and constructively. They should also be committed to sharing their knowledge and empowering your team to be tech savvy in their own right.
- Tracking + Measurement Strategies – Again, an emphasis on results and return-on-investment is key. Choose an IT consultant that is committed to deploying analytics that will track and measure progress and demonstrate the value that they’re providing.
- Customization + Customer Service – Finally, the most reliable and worthwhile IT consultants are the ones who are ready to customize their services to suit the unique IT needs of your business. They’ll go above and beyond to make sure you’re getting exactly what you need and no useless services that you don’t require.
Getting Ahead, Staying Ahead: Why the Right IT Consultant Will Make All the Difference for Your Business
Businesses and organizations looking for IT services and support in the Bay Area are already on their way to a more strategic and focused approach to IT service. If you’re already on the search for the right IT consultant, give yourself a pat on the back – that really is the first step. Seeking out a professional to help optimize your approach to IT will eventually lead to the optimization of your operations and a boost to your bottom line.
As mentioned, the only way to find the best partner for you and your operational needs is to go in with a plan. Do your research and don’t be afraid to ask questions or reach out for consultation. When you’re proactive and informed, finding the right Bay Area IT consultant will be easier than you can imagine. Trust us, your team will thank you!
If you’re already on the hunt for a reliable and strategic IT consultant in the Bay Area, don’t hesitate to reach out to the team of experienced tech professionals at EPC IT Solutions. Our team will work alongside you and will offer customized and strategic IT consultation to you and your team. Reach our team anytime at (650) 262-1365 or via email at contact@EPCservices.com.